This week was a lot of assorted small tasks, workflow optimization, and a casual potluck!
Texas German Dialect Project
Maddy pointed out to me that the image arrangement on my first draft was rather haphazard, with a diagram of her eye flow.
I tweaked the layout and made the images flow in a shape sort of like a tilted ‘7’.
I also learned that some images are too big to be attached in emails, that Outlook tries to make you use its own cloud service that doesn’t work, and that ideally we should send clients a Box link to exports. The more you know!
Intermediate Training: Brochures
After much deliberating and browsing Behance brochures, I started to settle in a specific direction and drafted this:
The idea for monochrome photos came from one Behance example:
But I’m still not sure how to actually design things that look as ‘cutting edge’ as stuff like this. I’ve picked up on smaller details, like papery textures and subdued palettes, but I’m a long way off from anything like that coming naturally.