My last workday of the week
WordPress decided to update while I was working and it broke our work.
I wanted to cry
Thank You Ruben for figuring it out
This past week, I continued to work on the Blanton museum website. I worked on many exhibition pages.
Sometime while working on the pages, I realized that some of the pages my have links to other pages on the site, and not on the menu, that were yet to be created.
So I went back through all of the pages I worked on checked all the links.
Later, when I was creating a gallery, I found that on the old website, some of the images were missing.
But, luckily, the page was save on the Wayback Machine in January, when the images were still around.
My first project as an STA will be to migrate the Blanton Museum website to a new website on wordpress. I started this project on Tuesday August 24. I am working with Asmita on this project under the guidance of Ruben.
The project is going alright. There are a lot of pages to work through though. And sometimes we don’t have the tools to create certain elements.
For example, toggle elements:
how it’s goin’:
I’m sure there are wordpress plugins that can help to create these elements, but I’m not going to install any random plugins. I’ll just work on the stuff that I can do and leave notes for Ruben on stuff that I can’t.
Testing out image galleries.
Testing out image layouts in this post.
I hope ya’ll enjoyed your summer.
I am excited to start my first semester as an STA. I hope to improve on my web dev skills and to learn about design in this job.
You can visit my personal website to find out more about my past and current projects here: iridazzle.monster
I wish everyone a good semester.