So I finally troubleshooted my problems with downloading, cloning, and working with Git. I’m pleased to announce that I’ve started to actually code and make changes to the static HTML that Chris provided me with!
Here’s a screenshot of the site so far. I changed the “Texas” logo, the “Canvas App Store” bit, as well as the tiled banner and the text overlaid on it. Getting the tiled banner to display was a REAL pain, but Chris taught me how to resize images on Photoshop on my own so I was able to work on that on my own. I’m hoping to finish the banner completely by next time, but overlaying the image button (which takes you back to canvas) over the tiled banner is turning out to be far more difficult than I expected.
So far so good, I’m really loving the orange tones EVERYWHERE on the mockup and this site!