So for Russian, I did an animation and another water color bg this past week:
The animation was basically creating a plane overhead and having it fly from Russia to Florida and back. It was a pretty basic animation, I just used a motion tween and curved it a bit:
The watercolor bg was needed for a close up scene where the character examines a mushroom, so I made the grass and the bottom portion of the tree in PS.
Besides Russian, I also worked on the blog banner. I decided to deviate away from the Idea I had originally into something more abstract and colorful:
It’s still missing Jaclyn and Bridget’s portraits, but overall I am fairly happy with how it turned out. I’m still struggling with how to arrange the names so that they all show clearly (open to feedback!). I got the idea for the composition from several movie posters (like Avengers I.W.) where there’s the title in the center and all the characters and branching out from it.
We also got started on the eanthro vlabs project! Basically, it’s taking a bunch of older interactive virtual labs and transferring the content onto an updated format. (I’ll be holding a short training for it soon!) Each STA assigned to this project will get about 2 labs to update.
Here’s what the new website looks like:
And the old one: