Student Success Tool Logo
Last week I was assigned this new project to design a logo for the upcoming Student Success Tool that will soon be launched for UT professors to implement in their classes starting this Summer 2021. This tool “allows instructors to message individual students or groups of students that show inactivity in the course or assignments past a due date. Instructors can also message the entire class preemptively to alert them of upcoming due dates.”
Some of the requirements I was specifically told to include in the development of this logo were:
1. To project the concepts of reminders, check-ins, and communication.
2. To completely avoid any imagery that might associate this tool with grades or grade calculation.
3. To completely avoid longhorn imagery because we do not own the rights to it.
Brainstorming and Refined Ideas
Afterwards, I had a meeting with Bridget, the person in the client position. We talked about some aspects of the requirements and went through my brainstormed ideas. We settled on 3 top ideas for this logo:
1. Is number 10 in my brainstorm, aka, the string ribbon reminder idea.
2. Is the calendar route idea, specifically referring to number 2B from my refined barnstorm ideas.
3. Is the target/bullseye idea, also known as idea 8G.
Drafts After Feedback
Note: I made a bunch of different drafts for all three of these logo directions after getting feedback. However, the ones you’ll see were the most successful versions.
String Ribbon Reminder Drafts
Calendar Reminder Drafts
Target Reminder Drafts
Nonetheless, after I made these I got feedback saying I should try doing something less line heavy and more shape based. To see those stay tuned and check out my upcoming post: Student Success Tool Logo Update…