HIS315K: Presentation Remake Update
As I have mentioned before, the point of this activity was to remake a presentation made by Dr. Robert Olwell for his HIS 315K course and place it in a new LAITS approved template to unify all of the presentations into a new and optimized format.
Last time I posted on this subject I was working on the first one of these remakes specifically for the presentation titled “Old Spain to New Spain”. Since then, I have worked on many more of these presentations. So here’s a complete list of all the HIS 315K presentations I worked on:
- Old-New Spain 2016
- Origins of English Colonization
- Tour of Colonial America
- Jacksonian Nightmares
- Making Peace
- General Jackson’s Democracy
- American Provincialism
Though at first it seemed simple enough to just transfer the information from the professor’s past format into the new template Maddy prepared, working on these presentations was a great experience because of the following three things:
1. I got to learn more about the visual aspects of layout and animations in a Power Point presentation.
2. I experienced flexibility in project management though the new changes that were introduced mid-project. For instance, the change of template from the first presentation I worked on to the next one. Or when we decided not to follow the professor’s format where some images were blocking text when downloaded as a pdf (due to the lack of image appearing/disappearing animations).
3. This project was very feedback and collaboration-heavy, since we had to go through two different rounds of review before posting the finalized presentations. So what I learned from this was how to take feedback from and give feedback to my peer STAs.
All in all a fun and useful experience 🙂