project: Banner Design & UI design for 15 Minute History WordPress site
Client /Prof: Christopher Rose
completion status: Started back-end work 1st week of October; received design notes Oct. 8
staff guidance: Stacy Vlasits
STA team members: Me, (Potentially Emily/Bridget)
description/plans: Update 15 Minute History banner for new wordpress site, also add few redesign elements to overall website look
To be completed: ~Oct. 31
Some more details about the 15 Minute History project:
I got the design notes that Suloni received in a meeting with Chris Rose, and sh’e giving me the option to ether art direct or complete the banner/UI design myself. I’ve liked managing projects (like what I’m doing for vlabs and cascade), so I’m leaning towards trying my hand at art directing. I’m considering asking either Emily or Bridget to work on this project, so I’ll be asking them soon. Once I’ve settled this, I’ll be emailing Chris about starting the design process.
The design notes stated that Chris wanted a grayscale banner with a grid of pictures (similar to the Harry Ransom Center banner), but lighter and brighter. Suloni also mentioned that Chris knows photoshop, so we’ll be giving him a .psd file that he can edit. It’s actually pretty cool how he has an eye for design (example of his personal website below); it should make the whole design process smoother.
As for vlabs, progress is coming along nicely. Special shoutout to Melissa for already finishing two labs! No significant problems have really come up, so not much to report here!
Cascade re-documentation is taking a backseat with many STA’s working on projects for Stacy. Once, we get a little farther in vlabs, I’ll probably try to pick up the pace for Cascade.