My finalized version of the This Is Democracy project ended up looking like this:
I rounded the corners (upon Suloni’s request) which I really liked because it matches the round and simplistic style of the image. One of the largest issues I had while finalizing this was that the Constitution in the background was clashing with the characters and speech bubbles. Suloni advised that I add a paper texture overlay to make everything look slightly like paper cutouts on top of the Constitution. I added a little bit of natural drop shadow in photoshop and I think the end result looks more cohesive than it did before.
Another assignment I finished was Kathy’s illustration test.
Here’s an image of my process from sketching > line art > coloring:
The first idea that came to my mind when I was starting this drawing was something colorful and fun, so I went with a cowgirl riding a unicorn down a rainbow. I haven’t used a tablet to draw in photoshop in quite a few years, so my line art and coloring weren’t the cleanest, but I enjoyed the tone of the final illustration. Overall, I had fun letting my creative freedom drive this assignment.
Finally, I did Tate’s second object creation Animate assignment where I got to make cookie symbols! Again, I have to praise the thorough and detailed tutorials. They really helped me a ton with figuring out the layout and workings of Animate.
This past week was a pretty enjoyable and productive one. I’m loving learning all these new skills, and I can’t wait to complete more projects!