New Course Graphics!
This week, I was assigned to make some course graphics for the Data Science for Health and Discovery class. It’s pretty simple stuff but it still had to go through some iterations. I got there in the end!
Finding images for the UTFC textbook is actually going a lot smoother now! I think once I figured out how to communicate with Yasmina and not stress about finding pictures, it’s been a much better process. I’m currently still in the process of finding approved images, but sooner than later I’ll be able to work on the slides.
Logo Animation Training!
This training was a lot of tedious fun! It was solely tedious because it took me I’d say an hour total just to figure out masking properly and I had to put it on hold for a bit to work on other assignments.
I created an eye logo in Illustrator which was a good amount of trial and error. These were the main images I needed. Pretty simple stuff for illustrator.
I made it an eye logo because I like animating eyes a lot.
Next was exporting it into After Effects. I was not prepared for this.
So After Effects uses vectors differently. I’m not sure how it works, but the amount of paths the design had in illustrator changed in After Effects. I also had to keep in mind that while After Effects kept the same amount of layers in the design, it made every component editable so I had to be REALLY careful that I was editing the right thing.
To animate it blinking, I had to manually animated the vector paths. This wasn’t difficult, but I had to keep in mind that the animation wouldn’t look as clean as I wanted it too. That’s why the closed eye part looks very choppy/raggedy.
Masking took a while to figure out mainly because I wasn’t entirely sure where I wanted it to be. I needed one to cover up the pupil when the eye closes, so I had to think about what layer would work best for the mask.
Here’s the final animation! I’m pretty happy with how it looks as this is my first time doing logo animation.