Today I worked on getting the animation files ready for the first load of animations for the RUS407 Online Class. Luckily, Lauren, the project lead for the RUS406 Animations, did a great job making loads of character options, sets pieces and props for last semester’s class that I will be able to use so I won’t have to draw a whole bunch of new things for this semester. Instead, I’m focusing on making the files a little more accessible and the characters a little more “drag-and-droppable” for this semester’s animations. I’ve taken all the props and set pieces from Lauren’s files and put them in new files that I believe will be easier for the RUS407 to access. Then I also started the process of transferring the characters to new files. So far I’ve only made progress on the “Default” Character. It’s important to me that these characters are very much”drag-and-droppable” for ease of use for the novice animator. By that, I mean I believe that all the pieces of the puppet (arms, legs, head, body, mouth and eye shapes) should be contained in one symbol for each type of character and body orientation (front view and side view) so the animator can just find the character and angle they want, copy and paste and immediately start animating. Looking forward to completing this process! I’ve included some pictures of my progress thus far.