Good afternoon blôg! It’s been a minute, getting trickier to find time to update this. Last week I finished up the PSD Cutout training that Megan created. The idea was to use a mask to boost the contrast of the image so that the cutout portion could be easily selected. This went fine for the easy and medium versions:
The “hard” image was much more difficult because there were some white flowers that needed to be saved. Initially, when I did this cutout I made the contrast so high that the flowers were lost. After a bit of adjusting I was able to save *most* of the flowers:
Pretty tricky stuff. Using the polygon lasso tool to get some of the bits of background in between flower buds helped!