project: PSY Labs Site: Imagination & Cognition Lab Banner Design
Client /Prof: Dr. Jacqueline D. Woolley
completion status: Started Oct 19, 2022
staff guidance: Valerie
description/plans: Create/design a new banner that will be placed on Dr. Woolley’s new website. She wants something related back to her research, yet whimsical and colorful.
To be completed: Oct 31, 2022
Inspiration from Woolley and her team: woolley banner inspo
Current website: https://labs.la.utexas.edu/woolley/
1st Banner draft:
- After Valerie and I discussed the elements Dr. Woolley wanted in the header, I decided to make the research aspect of the banner more explicit. I also wanted to incorporate some of the symbols (sparkles, thought bubbles, etc.) that were repetitively shown on the inspo pdf. I was also told that Woolley wants something refreshing for the new website, so it was fine to stary away from the old design.
2nd Banner draft (submitted for feedback):
- Updates: Currently, I am still waiting to hear feedback from our point of communication between us and the client, but hopefully we’ll receive some soon.
Project: Early Voting PSA
Start: Oct 18, 2022
Complete: Oct 19, 2022
Staff Guidance: Maddy
I was asked to revisit the Early Voting PSA now that the early voting period is coming up. The main priority was just updating the existing graphic with new additional voting info provided by Mike. This included making 3 variations of the graphic in both the blue and tan color scheme (6 graphics in total). The main struggle of this assignment was organizing the text in a way that was still visibly friendly, and not too cluttered. I tried to keep in mind the text hierarchy of the overall graphic. Color blocking and changes in font family/color ended up helping in separating text yet creating a cohesive graphic.
STA AUDIO POSTER (final)
Project: STA Audio Team Poster
Start: Sep 13, 2022
Complete: Oct 18, 2022
Staff Guidance: De’sha and Leilani
The STA Audio Poster finally came to a close last week:,) This project took so much trial and error on my part, but I was very thankful for the support I had from my fellow STAs with feedback. The only major change in this poster from last week’s update is that there was a crest change. I also got to learn more about formatting a PDF for printing by Maddy. I also had to import the individual objects into PS, because going from Illustrator to PS somehow messed up the quality which wouldn’t have looked very pretty when it printed (very pixelated).