58 more exhibitions to go.
This week I found many problems with the old Blanton site. And not just the missing images. There are also many broken links, outdated text, and exhibitions categorized in the wrong year / in the wrong order.
The date is wrong here. The open date should be November 03, 2007. And there are a few more like this.
To find missing images, I had to copy the caption and google for the image.
Later in the week, I found a better way. I found the archived site and used the images from there. Most of the time, I had to use those images to do a reverse image search to find a better quality image.
The links on the older exhibition pages were never updated. The website was updated once or twice before and the links weren’t updated to reflect those changes, so a lot of them are broken.
The directory structure changed from version to version of the website, but the links were never updated.