The vlabs have been coming along pretty nicely. So far, we have about 3 labs finished; everyone has been a tremendous help! There’s been a few instances of where images have annotations that aren’t actually part of the image (put in via flash), and other interactives with a lot of text where we’ve had to use our own judgement about what and where to put the text on the new website. Overall, it’s been going pretty smoothly though.
I’m also going to be organizing putting the Cascade documentation into the actual cascade site. Right now, we are working on editing the document based on the packet of edits that Andre gave us earlier in the summer. Since, the packet is slightly dated (some parts hadn’t been documented yet when he reviewed it), we may have to consult him on several things during this part of the process. After we finish editing, I want to get Valerie and Emily to test the documentation. I’ll have to go over basic cascade with them beforehand too. Then finally, I’ll have everyone work on putting the tested steps into cascade. It’s been pretty busy for several STAs lately, so we might now be able to finish before the end of October.
15 Minute History
I also got assigned to a coding/wordpress project for Stacy! Basically, this website is a UT history podcast site, and Stacy has been working on transferring the site content into a better site format using WordPress. We’re trying to get some functions such as a better/automated Speaker index and episode list index. My current assignment is to create fields for each Speaker, so that they can be indexed through the WordPress system and connected to their respective podcasts and categories. After I do this part, Stacy will have me do some basic php coding to add functionality to the site. I’ve pretty much never worked with web development before, so this is an exciting project!