Today I continued working on the History Department project. The client chose the “Splash” version, but the image used for that version is copyrighted and was only used to draft a design direction. So my current goal at the moment is to emulate something similar in style and color. I also made 3 different versions of “Splash”, each with different fonts. The client wanted something with sans serif, serif, and Garamond.
Top: “Splash” the font “Garamond”
Middle: “Splash” the font “Shree Devanagari 714”
Bottom: “Splash” the font “Charter”
I will be doing a lot of painting on Photoshop tomorrow in an attempt to make something similar to what the client would like, while preserving the aesthetic and colors.
I also was working on the Russian test illustration! Below is my progress:
Top: Initial First Sketch
Middle: Initial Line Art
Bottom: Initial Line Art + Flat Colors
I’m hoping that this should be okay! I didn’t get to do the cell-shading that I wanted to because of other COLA projects, but hopefully this is okay. I really like the colors I chose 🙂