Shadowing a Cascade Meeting
Hi there! This week I got to shadow a meeting a fellow STA had with a client who needed help with Cascade. By this point of my STA career, I of course know the basics of cascade, but I had never personally and individually worked with a client needing Cascade assistance before. So, shadowing someone else leading a meeting like this was an interesting and insightful experience.
Here are some notes I took:
- Start with intro on how meeting will go
- Ask if client has a background on Cascade, how much?
- Share screen
- Go through inspo on what client wants. Check out example pages from STAs.
- Determine what elements do they want in their Cascade cite: pull quotes, videos, etc
- Fo videos clarify the difference between an embedded one and a linked one. Embedded is preferred.
- Suggest using a single specific folder for all their media
- Explain save/submit modes, publish mode and how that will take longer to update on its own once you click on it.
- Remind them not to publish till all edits are done.
- Reassure them that help will be available to them when needed.
- Web editor chatbot
- Cascade tutorials
- Reach out
- Send followup email after meeting with helpful resources and the discussed steps to take.