I stated last post that I was involved in a web dev project but never gave any info. The purpose is to re implement the French Class RBTL website which, not to my surprise, was previously a flash project. We are trying to create it to resemble the original as much as possible, all its beauty and its flaws.
So here’s some updates on the RBTL project.
We started with the main page, it has a peculiar design because everything must float around this one map picture. It was hard to work with the positioning of the objects but we finished that.
Every city name is actually a pop-up and, when clicked, sends you to a page about a poem. We then stated developing the page for the first poem, the one in Paris.
This page is also quite challenging. It not only has a complex design but A LOT of sub-pages.
It was tricky to nail the 2 navigation bars in the top, but we did. The compass in the bottom is also a button that grows and shrinks. Here’s more pictures of other pages in development, including out very own video player.
I think this project is pretty long, and there’s lots more to go. But it has been a good experience. I have continued to develop my web design abilities, but most importantly how to write HTML, CSS and Java script code that is easy to write and in a professional format. This skills are invaluable in my opinion, and very useful in my career path. I am excited to keep working on this project and hopefully more like this next semester.