For the past few weeks, Tess, Andre, Suloni and I photographed and edited new profile pictures for the College of Liberal Arts Factuly. The focus of my work was cropping the images to fit the College of Liberal Arts web page. Here is an example of a graduate student’s profile photo in multiple crops:
This project has taught me allignment specifications while cropping, how to manage color balance, and how to efficiently crop almost 200 photos. I also learned how to combat image compression when saving for the web. I realized that a project like this is more difficult and time consuming that I had imagined; the smaller details that take the most amount of time make all the difference.