I edited some photos IDs today. I decided to blog them because they had some meaningful edits done to them that I think are good to show and address for STAs to see.
This first image in the top right corner was very over-exposed so I selected the area with the selection tool and lowered the exposure. Then I selected the figure and brought out the brightness so that less of the face was in shadow and more visible.
The second image was a little yellow and too close to the face. The background looked a bit low contrast with the head as well. I adjusted the color balance in the mid-tones and highlights to make it more red-blue and less green-yellow. Then brought in contrast to the background and tried to crop the image as close to the guidelines with the chin sticking out a bit past the boundary.
The last image was well composed. The only issue was that it was submitted with a heavy icy blue filter over it that looked unnatural. I color balanced shadow, mid-tones, and highlights to get rid of the blue, lower the green, and bring out more red and yellow.