Course Graphic Updates
The professor for a marketing course wanted some of the graphics I made switched out to three suggested ones: app, building with arrows, and mobile phone. Here they are:
Here is the before and after on their graphics:
There were more detailed features that needed to be developed such as an upvote option for students and an edit delete option for students to edit comments and posts they create. The same features are added for professors as well. As for the anon and hidden features, professors can slide to view a student’s name and hide unwanted comments.
We needed a better top-down approach to standardize how to view the information in posts and comments. Chris suggested metadata information at the top, then the comments or post itself, and at the bottom the ability to take action to the posts. It is similar to Reddit threads.
Here are the desktop images the left side is professor view and the right is student view:
Here are the mobile drafts with identical dashboards then the instructor view and students respectively:
Here is the tablet view in the same order as the mobile phone view above:
I also got my anti-racism resources banner approved for the history department! You can see it in a post below. Other than that, I’ve been working with Ingrid and Cristina to copy over content from old PowerPoints for HIS 315K. I learned some new things about the Puritans in the process! I also made an intro slide for CH 302C Principles of Chemistry II for an old professor of mine, Dr. Biberdorf (she was great in ChemBridge!) so that the audio department can work with it.
What a week!
One feature that I worked on redesigning was the reveal function for instructors to see the student’s name on their end. This is the place holder that was made by Chris:
Here is my redesign of this feature:
The instructor will click the arrow and the name will slide out to the right as so.
The next feature we were missing was the ability for an instructor to hide a comment. So far we only had a feature to hide a post. Here is what I came up with for the desktop version so far:
We also wanted to add features within the inbox on the left where we can see that a post was locked or pinned in the ‘all’ tab. I also merged the unread/read boxes in the bottom right corners to be joined together: