Ah yes, the photo ID processing that no one blogs about…
I also worked more on the Slavic presentation logo design for Mike & Dr. Rice!
This is the one Dr. Rice ended up choosing:
Who We Are
LAITS: IT and Facilities Director, Joe TenBarge initiated the Student Technology Assistant program in 2004. STAs are UT students who work on a variety of projects in collaboration with UT faculty and LAITS staff members. STAs assist College of Liberal Arts faculty members and administrative staff with print and web design. From building presentations, to creating audio/visual works, and producing online classes in the LAITS film studios, STAs are instrumental in helping COLA faculty realize their vision for multimedia projects that enhance their teaching and the students learning experience. By the end of their student careers, STAs have portfolios which demonstrate their accrued technical and design skills.
Creative and technically inclined students are appointed as STAs for one year, with the possibility of being rehired as long as they study at the university. Applicants for the program are hired before both long semesters. Interested students may look for postings on Hire-A-Longhorn when positions are available. Positions will have Student Technology Assistant (illustrator or web designer) in the title of the job post.
Faculty & Staff with questions about services, please contact us.
I started working on a visualization project for the Dev. Studio using GG Plot. Thus far, learning GG Plot has consisted of a lot of trial and error. First, I developed a style guide outlining font families, font sizes, font faces, text color, background color, and bar colors.
For one visualization, I have successfully changes the fonts and background to match the style guide using this block of code (which can then be copy+pasted to make any visualization adhere to this font and bg style):
I worked on several different things the past week or two. First, like everyone, I worked on a ppt reformatting for the AFR303 class:
I’ve also worked on photo ID reorganization, a big project that Aidan and Andre have been working on.
And lastly, my main focus for the past week has been on designing a logo for Dr. Rice’s Slavic presentation. The first few rough drafts looked like this:
And then I got rid of the dark background and the text box:
Now working on final drafts… more updates to come!