Today I worked on updating a few more COLA ID pictures, including cropping, resizing, and a bit of color correction. I learned a little on how to use the shadow/highlight adjusters in photoshop and will probably get to use those more in the future!
I’ve started working on the Texas Beyond History project, which is a comprehensive website with thousands of pages and subpags all about Texas History. The new website needs to be updated and formatted, and my part includes adding banner images to 60+ pages….so I’ll have plenty to do for the time being!
I have also been training how to create pre-rolls and credit-rolls for online classes! While there aren’t any actual prerolls that need to be made just yet, I will probably be working on ones for Spring soon. (Note: This is not the professor’s real name, as I don’t know what her real name is. This is also not a real class, don’t try to sign up….)
I have recently started working on adding pictures to “Ovid’s Metamorphoses” by Steven Lundy. The book is complete and needs to be formatted for web use, and of course pretty pictures need to be added! I have been taking account of the approved photos, writing titles and descriptions for them, and placing them within the text. It’s a lot of organizing and copy/pasting sources, but I get to make some creative decisions too!
To start off my Friday I began with watching part of a Lynda.com tutorial on Logo design. The tutorial covers what makes a logo effective, iconic, and memorable.
Hopefully as an STA this will come in handy if I ever do any design work!
“A great logo needs no explanation”
I also met with Michelle who is coordinating the Edx Project, a system of online courses anyone can take. I will be reviewing and preparing one of the courses for activation in September. I will be updating one of the courses on the website and getting it ready for the new semester. While I’m not too sure yet what happens after that, I’m looking forward to getting started!
With Patricia’s help, I also learned how to edit button templates today! Here’s an example I made, thankfully it’s just a button and won’t give you a virus….I think.
Today I finished STA orientation!