This week I attended a few different meetings for the Short Animation Team Project, Latinx Pop Lab site, and one more one-on-one meeting with Maddy today regarding the same project. I’ve been working on layout design for the Latinx Pop Lab in earnest on Figma. In between this, I’ve been working on KB edits for the Shape and Pattern and Web Accessibility trainings. Next week, I am only working 12 hours but I look forward to working more on this.
This week I worked mostly on the redesign of the Latinx Pop Lab site. I’m basing the design off the Podcasts WP theme used on the Latinxperts podcasts site. After clarifying the assignment with Suloni and Maddy, I began mocking up the site in Figma. I used this plugin Abriella found that imports web pages to Figma, and it works pretty well.
I also recently sent an email to Professor Aldama to clarify whether he wants the repository to contain artists or artistic works.
This was the first week I’ve worked in months, and I’m so happy to be back! I really enjoy working here at LAITS and am looking forward to continuing to do so through the summer.
That said, this week was a pretty chill one. I worked on one small Cascade help request (adding a new user), and besides that I’ve been working on feedback for the KB, specifically Megan’s Web Accessibility training. Running through this, it’s been really helpful and I think will be a great training for future STAs to do.
I learned that some sites even have accessibility plug-ins to customize site design, which although this may be inconvenient for certain sites, I think should be implemented more in web design.
It’s spring break (!) almost. Hope everyone gets some much needed rest this upcoming week.
Anyway, this past week I’ve been working on a mixture of things. I only worked 9 hours, but on Wednesday I worked with De’sha on a new Cascade site set-up request and followed up with client communication.
I also began working on converting some PSY 319K ppts to a new format. In between these various projects I’ve also been working a bit on a banner for the shape KB.
This week, I helped with a Cascade help request, worked a bit on Figma, and made substantial progress on the shape KB.
I implemented a quick hover functionality on my Figma site.
As for the shape KB, I finished the rough draft and began working on the semi-final version. The draft is now up on the STA KB!
It seems like so long since I’ve worked, thanks to the winter storm last week. Although we were relatively fortunate — never lost power or had any damages, and just lost water for a day — it was a really turbulent time, so it feels nice to be back in relative normalcy and to be back at work.
Since I’ve only worked two days or 9 hours this week, I don’t have a lot to share. However, I wrapped up some IDs and am making significant progress in the shape KB. I’m aiming to have it done for review early next week. Here are a few photo IDs and the link to my shape KB draft. Right now the activity idea is to start with sketching different shapes based on different moods/vibes, and then move on to an introduction of patterns and shapes in AI. The last and biggest deliverable of this KB will be applying the knowledge and skills to a visual & text hierarchy.