No one technique is good for every project; we discovered this with Rockshelter. After a LOT of doubts, thought and checking with the client, we decided to implement the interactive a little differently from the original. I went back to photoshop to edit the picture a little and then made it interactive with Canvasser. I think the result was pretty good.
I think the font looks really cool and the squares make it pretty obvious what to do, this is good for the kids.
We had problems again when it came to a similar interactive: Gathering Girl. This one is also about clicking but it’s not a portrait so the squares would ruin the picture. We decided to modify that one to in Photoshop and then make it interactive. I’m pretty pleased with this one too.
We’re going to need to include the text somewhere else but the lines make it pretty clear which objects are the important ones.
Although these interactives were pretty difficult to think out, the implementation was pretty easy. I’m excited to get a new interactive and work more with animations.