The projects I had this week consisted of mostly the American Studies Banner project and some UTFC assignments. At the beginning of the week, I made a set of banners along with some stock images searching for the UTFC modules.
For the American Studies Banner project, the primary purpose was to design a banner to go on their bulletin board in Burdine Hall. Along with the banner, the bulletin board would showcase (on 8.5×11″ papers) AMS classes & faculty. The hope of the bulletin board is to raise awareness about AMS, which is a somewhat minor major, and lead to increased enrollment. The banner itself should be eye-catching and appealing to students passing by. At first, I was testing out what direction would be best to head into, down below were my first drafts.
After receiving feedback, I chose a direction and kept the theme of whimsical, colorful, and playful in mind. I tried testing different colors and fonts to see what worked and what didn’t.
Soon after all the plentiful advice and tips I received from my art director, I was able to solidify a design. Both the client and LAITS went with the first banner in the set below!
Aside from LAITS, I made some edits to a concert poster I made, and is now up and printed around my hometown! 🙂
Oh yeah and here’s a recent drawing I just finished!