This semester I have been creating tutorials on how to use Cascade. It has been a really interesting experience because I am definitely not an expert on the CMS, so I’ve been learning how to use it as I’ve made these screen casts.
Basically, Andre has assigned me a list of tutorials that he thinks staff and faculty will find helpful. I plan out tutorials for each topic and then screen cast myself doing the tutorial and explaining what I’m making. Then I submit it to Andre for approval and when he approves, he uploads it to YouTube and sends me the link. Then, I create a page on Cascade about the tutorial, which includes the screen cast and a brief written tutorial as well.
Below are the assorted tutorial I’ve created– linked to the page where the tutorial is online– and the corresponding video.
- Changing the Title of the Navigation Folder
- Linking a PDF from UTBox
- Home Page Functionality – Editing the Main Image and Text
- Home Page Functionality – Editing the Body Content
- Home Page Functionality – Editing the Video Sidebar
- Home Page Functionality – Enabling Faculty and Graduate spotlights
- Home Page Functionality – Editing the Color Bar Sidebar
- Home Page Functionality – Editing Sidebar Body Content