The past few weeks, I’ve worked on several different projects. The latest one I’ve worked on was the podcast cover art for “This is Democracy” – it was really fun to design the illustration and create my first rough drafts. I think this is the first time I’ve fully scratched something from scratch and allowed to showcase my creativity at work as an STA. I hope Suloni would assign me more of these kinds of projects !!! The main instructions we had to follow were:
- The “This is Democracy” podcast will be designed to appeal to young people(teens/20’s). Dr. Suri and his guest speakers, will explore current events and how they tie back to historical events.
- Dr. Suri would like to see your visualizations for his idea.
- He envisions something that looks like the constitution as a backdrop, for ethnically diverse young people in their teens & 20’s. The people look modern, but they are wearing 1800’s wigs.
- The emotional tone of the art work should match the tone of the podcast: upbeat, youthful, hopeful
- Your designs must have the title and subtitle worked into them
The thing that I couldn’t quite work with was the 1800’s wigs, but I am hoping it would look better once I illustrate the actual wig instead of copy and pasting a badly cropped wig on the characters.
Without the wigs:
With the wigs:
I also worked on a LAH logo for Stacey:
I continued helping the new STA’s with photo ID training & ended up working on a “guide” for all the STA’s to follow, as per request by Suloni! It was adjusted a little bit because of my wording, but this is my first draft:
Suloni’s edited version:
Duo, Suloni, and I also worked on Prof. Barchas’ scanning request for her antique print. I scanned the print, and Duo helped with stitching the scans together ~seamlessly~. The outcome was amazing, and everyone was happy – especially Prof. Barchas!!
I also worked on different projects, like the CHI507 ppt/ video syncing!!