Starting image above.
In photoshop with a Wacom tablet
This is the LAITS Portfolio page.
When I first began, there were only 6 boxes/two rows of projects, and only two of those had modal boxes pop ups.
I added 12 new projects/5 rows (1 row not pictured here).
Some code for some of the boxes
I went to every website and found an icon/thumbnail for each.
From this image on Tex’s French Grammar,
I created a thumbnail image
And inserted it into the code
Then I had to make the modal boxes, for example:
They pop up when About is clicked in each project’s box. The banner image and about image had to be taken from the site or created using elements of the site.
Each modal box also contained a summary of the site’s description and an explanation of its purpose, which I took from a provided spreadsheet and edited.
I did this for 13 boxes, as 2 had already been finished.
Some code for the modal boxes.
We wanted to change the top header image into a featured image. The featured project was Jazz Appreciation.
I mocked up a design for a header image:
These musicians and format are from a previous project I did for Jazz Appreciation.
We switched the color palette and changed/added some text.
Here is the final featured project design with guides and layers. Layers will be used as a template for future projects.
I was Team Lead for the Childrens’ Research project, during which we created templates (bifold, trifold, postcard, and newsletter) for the 11 Psychology department laboratories. This role involved client communication, getting templates made by other members of the team, creating Box folders to organize the project, and keeping track of the progress overall. I also taught basic InDesign processes for layout and picture placing to the other members so that they could create their templates.
In order, the first inside flap, the back, the front cover; the inner side/all main content
Screenshot of work with guides.
After having created a template and getting it approved, I created 11 replacement templates by placing the relevant images in to the layout.
Wrote up the specs for the powerpoint reformatting for this specific classes’ Powerpoints.
Before & after of the title slide of a Powerpoint. We created the new background, saved it as a theme, and used that as a template for all future reformatting.
Before & after of a content slide. Layout and color change.
In total, did about 15 ppts.
After auto-coloring, increased brightness, vibrance, saturation, and lowered contrast, then increased the lightness of only the Blues for the sky.
After making all corrections, desaturated then increased brightness and lowered contrast for the new black & white. Changed image size and picture resolution to client’s needs.
Content slide background image
Question slide background image
Taking the rough slides that Hellmer uploaded and going through this process
leaves us with the finished, formatted Jazz slide ready to be used for class
An example 0f the question slide background (contrast shown in the slide scroller)