French Items this Week
The university is going to be having a live-stream graduation ceremony for the College of Liberal Arts. About two weeks ago we had a sprint collaboration on creating user personas for three kinds of people who will be accessing the site. Grandparents, parents, and extended family are the main users and I was given persona A, the grandparents, to work on. I’ve been preoccupied with the French course that I am making studio assets and web assets for but I found time today to work on polishing up user flows and creating sketches. I used lucid charts and miro to create the graphics you see below. I screenshotted Maddy’s UX annotations and used them to lay out the site like a jigsaw puzzle and for simplicity to make user flow as easy as possible.
A long time coming was getting these banners for Lingco started. I set up box folders for all of future banners made, created an Ai template and made it as simple in construction as possible, and made notes in the images for Yazz to update for the banners. After all that gets flushed out I can make basecamps for these and assign them out to the STAs.
I recently made a PowerPoint on French Terminology for the French course. At first, I had made all the calendar assets but Yazz suggested we use screen shots of google calendar in French instead so we went with that. This is how the PowerPoint turned out, feedback is pending.
Over the past week and a half I have also been working on creating the PowePoints for the French course as the requests come in. Some of these have a 4-5 business day turnaround. Last week I got about 5 to do by today the 16th when I’m posting this. I got them all day with approval from the client and had time to make the individual title cards using the corresponding background for the different weeks they get used. While doing this I went ahead on how to make the title cards for these, the overall template can still be flushed out.
Over the past week and a half, I created a template to turn out 4 different studio backdrops per unit lesson for the French online courses. Each week Yazz adds images to a folder for a certain city with images to use and then I create the basecamp and use the template I made to create them. Adrian has helped me with one yesterday which was very helpful. Hopefully, as this goes on other STAs will have an easier time understanding and using the template. I am also updating the template for clarity as I see how people respond to it. I’ve made about 24 backdrops on top of PowerPoints and title cards.